Monday, December 30, 2019

Coombe Wood with my cousin

I just got home from a visit to my cousin and fellow photography fan Angela - we went to Coombe Wood, a garden and woods not to far from where she lives and had a nice walk before a better lunch in the cafe.  I've joined her there before but not for some time

As I changed buses in Croydon (where I used to work many years ago) I snapped this picture of one of the newer tower blocks
 and of the decorations in one of the shopping centres




After a cup of tea and cake at Angela's, we headed for the woods

 the little pond by the gate was full of reflections in the sunshine


the duck weed was forming pretty patterns too

 I'd travelled light with only one lens


 the sunlight was casting beautiful shafts of light through the trees in the woods


(phone)






 hydrangea seed heads

I was able to get a great close up on my phone as I didn't have my macro lens with me


 as we walked back through the woods we found a tree covered in little funghi






















I got some better ones on my phone







whilst I was photographing them, my cousin caught me working!

 the formal  beds are mostly "put to bed for winter"

but the sunlight was dappling nicely





It was a lovely day (and lunch)  and good to catch up again. 





1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year, dear Helen. I'm a tad behind due to the festivities here. This was an amazing place to visit, and IF people don't enlarge the photos, they are losing out on some incredible gardens and views. This was fabulous. LOVE the photos your cousin took of you, too!