Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas 2019

I just got home from a couple of days with my brother and his family for Christmas, it was lovely (most special bit was not cooking for myself for a few days; it can get boring on your own)
I'm going to share a few photos and sorry Lynne, am including one or two of you....  these are a mixture from the phone and the camera
I thought I'd better take a selfie before I left for Richard's








 they always have a beautifully decorated tree with a large pile of gifts underneath



love the reflections of the leaded windows on the fireplace too

 my niece Rachael and her grandma (Diana)
 the nibbles and bubbles were opened for present unwrapping whilst dinner cooked
 as you can see Christmas Day here was beautifully sunny and bright



hmm  which chocolate to have next....
 Lynne and her dad
 John and Diana opening a joint present

 we broke off opening gifts for dinner - cooked by Richard (meats)  and Lynne (everything else)

Scallop starters...









a beautiful rib of beef and a turkey crown and all the trimmings



Rachael, her grandad (John) and nephew William


 it was delicious
 best not ask!

Rachael

we had a pause between courses...









for some more present opening...


 Richard and Diana pausing for breath..
the aftermath (we'd cleared up at least once by this time)



 then it was pudding time,  Richard got a good flame going with the brandy
and then it was back to the living room


you'll see by the rug that I photographed my gifts when I got home this morning (Friday)


some craft goodies from my craft buddies Secret Santa,  chocolates,  more craft goodies, socks and a scarf from Richard and Lynne and a gift voucher from my boss Monica

Thanks to all of them for making Christmas fabulous! 


3 comments:

craftimamma said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. The food sounded delicious and I love their beautiful tree. I told you before I love your jumper too ☺. Lovely post Helen. Sending a big Christmas hug. Xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a joyous Christmas. Sounds like there was plenty of food and some really great gift giving. Christmas pudding. Haven't had it since my grandmother made it at Christmas (along with her mince pies).

You got some lovely gifts. What a haul. If you need help getting rid of those chocolates (GRIN)!

Virginia said...

ah what lovely memories from your day together! I hope it was grand!

Hugs