Thursday, September 29, 2022

Kew - an extra visit

 I had an extra day off before going away for the WOYWW crop at the weekend, so of course....

I was a little surprised the rest of the beds are still full, but some of them have been built up with extra soil.

it was cloudy but starting to clear as I entered


more colour on some of the trees




down the Broad Walk first 













the sunflowers are still gorgeous


in the end border of the veg garden they've built a pumpkin display










the gourds are still hanging





there were some lovely delphiniums




most of the physalis were still flowering
but I poked around for some skeleton specimens





























I had a muffin and hot chocolate








then headed down the grass toward the Temperate House




looking out for mushrooms


I had a look through the doors of the Temperate House,  they are putting the finishing touches to the Mexico display that opens on Saturday

one of the connecting octagons is full of some kind of yellow flowers - not sure if fabric or paper, will find out when I get inside
there were workmen painting the outside but I managed to cut them out of shot


on my way to the lake I paused at the colchicums






great reflections
the baby moorhens were in the same place as last time


I was surprised that the mirror installation hadnt been dismantled, all the others have gone 



in the waterlily house


there is a tiny little something swimming around on the flower

outside the beds are cleared and some waterlily pads laid out to dry out


such a fascinating structure on the underside of them


pelican flowers in the Princess of Wales conservatory




orchids



alpine house 
heading down the end of the Broad Walk for the way out






thanks for looking -  we'll catch up again in 10 days!  





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous update, kyla

Celtic house said...

Ah it's looking very autumnal now, love the pumpkin display and I'm sure the muffin and hit chocolate went down a treat