Saturday, April 24, 2021

Another sunny morning at Kew

 It was off to Kew again this morning,  another beautifully sunny day, but still chilly out of the sun.

Hope you enjoy!

the starting point at the Palm House,  the beds are starting to really go over now, i wouldn't be surprised to find them empty for replanting next week or the week after
I walked round the side of the pond first for a change, the sun was sparkling on the water

the huge cornus is coming into flower, it's such a delicate yellow colour



the magnolia at the bottom of the hill where the temple is, 
from there I stopped at the Evolution Garden, where it is springing into life quickly

euphorbia


one of my favourite flowers - the peony -  is budding up nicely


the borders are filling out nicely with patches of colour already 


further down the garden, a patch of yellow peony already out 
beautiful tulips





apple blossom in the veg garden


camassia


the huge acer in the Rock Garden against a glorious sky


gladiolus
with euphorbia behind them


peeking inside the alpine house
outside the princess of wales glasshouse
the wisteria is coming into flower - can't wait
- this is always glorious

onto the Broad Walk now,  some gorgeous glowing tulips


crossed over the path 








double flowered geum  











so many different blossoms




the Judas tree in the Mediterranean garden is just coming into flower 

round the corner to the cherry walk before the Temperate House

looking good!
quite a lot of people already (it was busy today)
in the background you can see work going on for the May feature coming soon.

no doubt will show you next week!







a robin flew in front of me onto a branch

at the Japanese Garden - they're really come out this week






reflections in the pond halfway up Cedar Vista 


I headed for the bluebell/woodland area first rather than the lake as they were re-surfacing the path between where I had been and the lake, so I couldn't get there this way



I told you they'd be out this week - still lots to come though




so I came to the lake a different way




and then back up to the Palm House






I went into the shop by the Victoria cafe/entrance, just because I could,  ha ha   though didn't buy anything today

I debated getting something to eat but there wasn't anything I fanced cake wise, so decided to leave
and head for home - different route today, engineering works on part of my normal route meant I had come by bus, but I knew they'd be busier than I wanted to be on, on the way home so I took a different train route home



Just had time to do this post before I have a Facebook class with Dina Wakley at 5 - so going to have a quick rest

Thanks for looking again - next week I go in at 8am for the early members opening - Hurrah!!!   


2 comments:

Lillianb said...

Great pictures and so much colour, Lilian B #10

Celtic house said...

Oh the evolution gardens are really springing into life, but my favourites this week are definitely the beautiful cherry trees- they really are stunning this year!