Saturday, November 13, 2021

Kew

 I thought I might not be able to share today's photos but thanks to a great computer repaid shop in Cheam, I am back online (and my photos saved )  It was a shorter visit today as I had to take the computer back to be fully fixed... I could have stayed longer, the colours as you will see, were stunning today.

the sun started to shine as I walked from the station to the entrance
my standard opening shot
headed back past the entrance for the tree colour 





although I was in a hurry I had to stop to look at the leaves



the cherry trees at the Temperate House




I did walk through the Temperate House, (they've taken the chrysanthemum display away,  I didn't taken any photos inside today)

I made my way along some slightly muddy ground towards the Japanese Garden




the trees round the Japanese Garden were just stunning today after a slow start 



sorbus berries



I may have got carried away!  

the small pond halfway up Cedar Vista
the lake 

even without sun (it didn't stay out long from earlier)  the lake looks fabulous

as I walked round the path by the side of the lake, I noticed a huge clump of mushrooms round this tree trunk

and some little ones almost under my foot as I got closer to the big clump

the reason I noticed the funghi is because a couple nearby were throwing food to the birds and the gulls flying around had made me stop to watch

the Christmas lights on the lake crossing, framed by trees... stunning!
reflection
trying to get tree and reflection in view,  I should have changed lens again 
from the crossing


I even took a selfie!

as my friend Lesley commented, I match the trees!  


I got this far before blogger started reversing picture order; shame that's not been fixed!

today I will delete and do again





across the lake I walked a little way down the other path following the lake





heading along the path back towards the Palm House (in the background)


just look at the colours on the leaves 


















walking the path round the rose garden,  the Yoshino Cherry trees were quite simply, beautiful
with the Palm House behind
close up with a blurred Palm House backdrop





















they've installed more of the lights for Christmas at Kew since last week (just as well, the opening night is this Wednesday!)

can't resist these leaves


















back at the pond by the Palm House, gorgeous reflection

before I left I had to take a trip to the Princess of Wales conservatory so headed past the temple



a fabulous red tree by the side of the POW 
not many cactus in flower this week just this odd round pink flower coming (or going I suppose)
the top of the titan arum ..
further down the stem
some orchids


they are already advertising next February's Orchid event!  Let's hope it can take place 




these beautiful purple flowers on the shrub next to the Grevillea make up for no flowers on that at the moment! 

they are so tiny and delicate

nerines in the alpine house - they grow outside too even at this time of year 
large nerines,  fabulous pink!
view across the evolution garden to the temple
the remaining display of squash

and the borage still flowering away

berberis

there are so many stems on the physalis, you can't move them all out of the way for the star of the show









I've not been past the face for a while,  had to wait for a young child to move out of the way 

weeping beech tree
it's huge and covers a wide area
fabulous purple callicarpa berries






trees off to the side of the Broad Walk 






fluffy seedheads on the Broad Walk (not sure of what!)

the leaves of the liquidamber trees (there've been a few in today's selection)  are now living up to the nameand look very amber-like





but there are some dark red leaves on them too










As I said at the start, I am so pleased to have been able to shared this post with you 

thanks for looking.  and now I'm going to run a back up!!  

2 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

Wow Helen, those golds and reds are stunning - what a spectacular visit, and you've certainly packed a lot in considering you had to cut it short. The sculpture of the face is beautiful and those Callicarpa berries look like they've been coloured with the new TH distress ink! Glad to see your computer is back up and running and you didn't lose your photos - what a relief that must be.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Diana xx

Virginia said...

Ohh what a lovely post, glad you got the PC sorted so you could share, I just love all the autumn colours absolutely stunning. It always surprises me when we still see flowers at this time of year at YSP today I saw a Ceonathus flowering - which is definitely the wrong time of year for it but it made a quirky change. Your hair looks amazing and definitely matches in with those awesome autumn colours.

Have a fab week

xxx