Saturday, August 8, 2020

Kew again!

 Today is the start of my week off work and of course I had a time slot for Kew. 

First time writing a long post with lots of photos on new blogger.. let's see if it is as easy as WOYWW on Wednesday! 

I was early so had time to sit on the bench on the other side of the road, chatted to a lady who use to live in the Mauritius. 

my usual first shot - warm already but cloudy making it heading for humid very quickly!


this on the phone 





not sure why some let me write next to them and others don't...

not adding each one separately post will take hours !

anyway, we're down the Broad Walk as you probably guessed!


still enjoying the last poppies in this group 








reflections in the floor of the Hive



the evolution garden is becoming my favourite part of Kew! 











love the way the light played across this bed




roses outside the waterlily house - these new rose beds are fabulous this year 





then I walked around the lake
it's gone green again! 


walking up Cedar Vista past the small pond, I sat on the bench as 3 baby moorhens scampered around after mum 


when they opened the door to the Temperate House I was the only one there, took a shot on phone behind me (above)  and in front of me (below)

it is still sad to only be able to walk down the middle pathway.  Masks compulsory inside the greenhouses from today 





nice to have it to myself though!  

Outside now, flowers on a tree - didn't look for the name

it's buds
coffee and cake time, sitting on the WWII memorial bench looking at the Palm house
the arm rest proved a handy "table" 

I had my hat, although the limited sun (while I was there) meant it wasn't really necessary

and I only put the sunglasses on for the selfie to hide the bags under my eyes lol  the brim kept the light out of my eyes - it's easier photographing without sunglasses as you see the colours correctly!

Then it was into the Palm House


I'd have to go back a few weeks to find out what this is called, I forgot.  I love it's spikes though

then "over the road" to the Waterlilies...

the pads are starting to fade to yellow now



the hibiscus flowers are huge!


outside the Princess of Wales glasshouse.  have photographed this years ago but not for ages






back to the Broad Walk - I was going to call it a day soon (half hourly trains, so didn't want to miss it)
fading alliums first though! 






and there we are!  not sure how the re-sized photos will be one published, hopefully not too huge but thanks for looking!  

I won't be going during the week off, have got a slot for next Saturday again.  Mainly due to the fact that I want to avoid trains that may be busier with commuters - but also the forecast is not great (typical!)  Who knows, I may get some crafting done!!  








2 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely photos! They must be watering around the clock to keep those plants and flowers in such good shape.

Celtic house said...

Oh another fabulous post, you look like you had a brilliant visit to Kew (as always), loving the sunhat and glasses shot, glad you got to enjoy the beautiful flowers again. Hope you've had a good week.