Saturday, August 8, 2026

Kew - hot again surprisingly

 The day started fresh (lovely) but warmed up and we are heading for another heatwave... Not as many photos this week so this may not take long... 


Kim headed straight for the lake whilst I took my normal opening shot
some of the flowers in the tubs are looking a little flat!

but the beds in front of the Palm House are lovely still 




I took the route past the two Henrys
standing and looking through holes...the second one is in the distance



before catching Kim up at the lake

where the swans were in at the edge in amongst all the green stuff!


it was nice and cool in the shade of the tree though 






they kept dipping for something under the surface






bloody blogger is reversing the next batch I'm adding...


this was the water drops on the swan below after he got out
had to grab at these a bit













they carried on swimming around a bit 











as we were sitting there, Peter came along and before long a load of the Canada geese and a few Egyptians came to join us

just about caught some of them splash landing 

the follow one another through the green... it soon closes up behind them though







after a while we headed across the lake to go back for our free tea! (you can only get this before 10 am) 
 
as always the reflections on the water were glorious





cutting through trees (keeping in the shade)  towards the Victoria cafe





I went for the apple Danish again this week,  although not sure I will again, as the pastry  does seem quite tough to bite through!  

we headed round the Palm House pond next,  liking the criss-cross patterns in the sky

more reflections in the pond this time 


it was just about 10 by the time we got to the Princess of Wales - Kim stayed outside but I took a quick walk through again 


the pond was full of giant lily pads
a couple of flowers just out of shot 














through into the cactus bit,  this one in a cabinet squashed up against the glass 





there were a few of the big white ones about to burst into flower later in the week typically 


I wasn't sure which way Kim would have gone but took a walk through the evolution garden briefly 






and round tothe Carbon Garden  


where I saw Kim leaving the Hive and caught her up 







we went back to the cool of the lake, where mamma mallard and 4 babies where by the lakeside 












.


other side of the lake crossing,   

far end of the lake 
more great reflections 






before heading to the woodland, where we met Peter and Dave and sat for a while 

heading back down the path pausing for seedheads 

tree trunk patterns as we headed towards the Temperate House

we went in through a side door part way through 







there was a group of people round this lotus flower (I seem to have got one lady with her camera in shot here!)




but we headed out and as it was now quite hot and we had both had enough of that, we set for the exit
through the Mediterranean garden (new bit)

there were lots of butterflies on these flowers 


Next week is meant to be hot again, another heatwave into the mid 30's again (yuck)  but see you then!  thanks for looking. 







No comments: