Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sometimes Saturday doesn't mean Kew....

As you'll have seen from my craft blog, I just got home from the WOYWW crop.  Here are the pics I took from the car (some stationery, some moving) on the way to and from Margaret's where I was staying, and Shrewsbury for the crop... 

Thanks to Margaret for going through them with me this morning to remind me what the views are!

 not a bad view from her craft space is it! 


 driving through the mountains (and not quite high enough to be mountains) - Horseshoe Pass


Obviously I didn't have my whole range of lenses with me - maybe next time!





 I wouldn't let them stop on the way for views as we didn't want to be late...


driving over the river in Llangollen - couldn't quite see the river from the car seat


 then on the way home, on the top of Horseshoe Pass

we did stop a couple of times and the sky was clearer,

 you can see why people love Wales so much!




 towards the sea from the Ponderosa Cafe
this is apparently a favourite with bikers (there had been a few there in the morning)

what a view...
what a big sky!

 Snowdonia range  - Snowdon (the pointy one on the left as Camilla pointed it out to me in the car -  in the mist under the cloud



 we took a bit of a detour to the Conwy estuary you'll need to enlarge it to see Conwy castle on the right


 there is an RSPB nature reserve here, and apparently you often see lots of birdlife

today it was empty in the estuary, as the tidal river was out! 


 can't resist a sky, as you know!



 West Shore, Llandudno
 back into the car again,

 Great Orme, from West Shore

looking down the Menai Straits






 Great Orme




was a great trip, and hope to see a bit more next time!


5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These photos are incredible. So much better than ones I get from my own camera while driving. SO glad you shared these. Now I'm off to see the crop photos. I've been waiting for them all day!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It is a really beautiful part of the world up there, what a glorious journey you had!!
Hugs LLJ xx

Christine said...

Thank you. Twas a beautiful journey with some incredible photos
X

Christine said...

Thank you. Twas a beautiful journey with some incredible photos
X

Kyla said...

Wow you can see for miles