Saturday, August 14, 2021

Another trip to Kew

 Well after last week's soaking, today was much better! 

I only just made it to the gate for 8am as I had to wait ages for the second bus in Kingston unusually


but you can see hint of blue sky through the light cloud!  hurrah!
I went half way down the Broad Walk first before cutting across towards the Evolution Garden















I can't make blogger let me tell you alongside the photo above, that that is the black walnut tree and it is one again, smothered in (do they call them fruit?)  

the bees were loving this, but weren't posing  




it's going to be one of those bu**er blogger days I can see.... swapping the order of my pics...


I love how the centres lose their middles gradually!















































I love this yellow frothy stuff (no ideda what it is)









still couldn't find what these are

the grapes growing on the vine on the fence round the student vegetable beds seem quite prolific this year


verbena
teasels in the sun


the waterfall in the rock garden was on today

then back up the Broad Walk
past the end of the Palm House parterre beds

to the Rose Garden 

still smelling sublime




on my way to the lake I took a seat for a few minutes here 

so many greens and reflections 


Hedgerows plantscapes still looking good

once I could get into the Temperate House, I found lots of groups of funghi,






There was a Kew man up a ladder photographing this,  I did suggest we (Joe Public) needed to do the same but had to make do with shooting from the path.


I'll keep an eye on this next week to see if there are any more
















time for refreshments...
getting sunny now, so sitting outside this week

went for the Hummungbird case this week


then into the Palm House 
love the patterns....

beautiful deep pink hibiscus
bananas  
and the waterlily house where the triffid (no I know it's not)  is still producing flowers

the ones this week were harder to photograph as they weren't as near the edge of the bed


pattern from the outside of the petal

this one is just about to open

then round the waterlily pond itself


such pretty leaves hanging down over my head





I had to stop for another on my way out
past the fountain.... come on, 
better!
and then into the Princess of Wales glasshouse





where I found some more of these!



wonder if these will be open next week


this one's faded from last week!





back outside and towards the Broad Walk again 
but heading in the other direction 












I love taking low angles  


before I left though, I went across to the Queen's Garden behind Kew Palace as I'd seen a FB post by Kew saying how gorgeous it was looking




they weren't wrong 


viper's bugloss
not a very good photo but it was very pretty




then I headed home  - thanks for looking.

same time next week?  

4 comments:

Sally H said...

Absolutely stunning photos, Helen! What a beautiful morning you had! Thanks for another fabulous tour around Kew. The colours are amazing!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Beautiful flowers and the cake looks delish! Hmm, I could just about eat that now! xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Beautiful flowers x

Virginia said...

All those fantastic colours, I love love love the yellows and yes blogger has been a right royal pain recently. Hummingbird cake, does it have a flavour and if so I'm intrigued as to what it is, might have to google that one. I hope you have had a great week and hope for beautiful blue skies this weekend for your trip to Kew (I'm making an assumption here).

Hugs